Karnataka TET 2023 – Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test will conducting by Government of Karnataka for those who plan to be teachers for class I to class VIII, class IX to class X moreover in high schools (in some states) in Karnataka. Karnataka TET 2023 notification will be released by the Government of Karnataka, School and Mass Education Department.
As per NCTE All graduates (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com etc.) are eligible to take the test. TET is a mandatory examination for all the B.Ed. passed candidates to get job as a teacher. The candidate after satisfying about the eligibility criteria for Karnataka TET can apply through Online.
Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test 2023
The Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test shall be conducted annually or as decided by Government according to need.
Read Also: KARTET Exam Last Minute Tips and Tricks
There shall be two papers in the Karnataka TET. Paper I will be for a candidate who want to be teacher for class 1 to 5. Paper II will be for a candidate who want to be teacher for class 6 to 8. The Candidate who want to be teacher either for classes 1 to 5 or for classes 6 to 8 then they have to appear in both papers.
KAR TET Exam 2023 Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test Professional Examination Overview (ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಶಿಕ್ಷಕರ ಅರ್ಹತಾ ಪರೀಕ್ಷೆ)
- Full Exam Name: Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test (KAR TET).
- Administered by: School Examination Board, Government of Karnataka.
- Category: Professional Exam.
- Language: English.
- Exam Paper: Two (Paper 1 & Paper 2).
- Exam Marks: 150 for Each Paper.
- Location: Karnataka.
- Official Website: www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in.
Important Dates for Karnataka Teacher Recruitment
- Online Submission of application: 01st July 2021.
- Last date for Submission of application: 20th July 2021.
- Last date for the payment of fee: 20th July 2021.
- Downloading Admission card: Click Here (Available on 12/08/2021).
- Date of Paper I Examination: 22 August 2021 (Sunday)
- Date of Paper I Examination: 22 August 2021 (Sunday).
Karnataka TET 2023 Eligibility Criteria Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test
The minimum eligibility criteria for class I to V (Paper I) and class VI to VIII class (Paper II) as given below :
Class I to V (Paper I)
12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education. Or 12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of four year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.). Or 12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of two year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
Class VI to VIII (Paper II)
Passed B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com & pass in or pursuing final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education. Or Passed B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Com in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing one year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) Course. Or Passed B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Com in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing one year B.Ed. (Special Education) Course. Or 12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of four year B.Sc. Ed or B.A. Ed Course.
*The qualifying marks relaxation is permitted up to 5% in the minimum educational qualification for Reserved category candidates (i.e. SC / ST / OBC / Differently abled).
Note: Qualifying the Karnataka TET would not confer a right on any person for Recruitment/ Employment as it is only one of eligibility criteria for appointment.
Teacher Eligibility Test in Karnataka 2023 Exam Pattern
The KARTET conducted by the Department of School Education, Karnataka Or respective examination board as directed by the Government of Karnataka. The Exam pattern for this test will furnish below –
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Time Limitation: 2 and 30 hour for each paper.
- One questions carrying one mark,
- There will four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct.
- Questions will be set to assess candidate’s ability to analyze, interpret and apply the subject matter.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
Teacher Eligibility Test in Karnataka 2023 Syllabus
There will be two papers of Karnataka TET
(i) Paper I Only for those who eager to be teacher in class 1 to 5.
(ii) Paper II Only for those who eager to be teacher in class 6 to 8.
(iii) Candidates who eager to be a teacher for both levels (classes 1 to 5 and classes 6 to 8) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
(iv) Some States conduct paper III or category III exam for the purpose of recruitment Secondary school teacher.
Paper I questions will come from five different subject i.e. Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II (English), Mathematics & Environmental Studies. Each subject will carry 30 marks.
Same wise Paper II will come from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II (English) moreover Mathematics and Science (for Mathematics and Science teacher), Social Studies/Social Science (for Social Studies/Social Science teacher).
Karnataka TET (Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test) Qualifying Marks
A candidate who scores 60% or more in the TET examination will be considered as TET pass.
Candidates belonging to SC / ST / C-I / Physically Handicapped securing scores 55% may be considered as TET pass.
In accordance with NCTE Guidelines Karnataka TET Certificate shall be valid for a period of 7 years from the date of TET examination. Now its Lifetime.
Note: Karnataka TET Should give weightage to the Karnataka TET scores in the recruitment process.
Karnataka TET 2023 Application Form
- Candidates can apply the online application form for Karnataka TET.
- Apply Online for Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test Online Form.
- Give all required details.
- Paste photo and sign an then submit the form.
- Take print of application form.
KARTET Helpline Number 2023:
For any kind of problem regarding error at the time of online application form Call at Nos: 080-22228805, 080-22483140, 080-22483145.
Important Pages on ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಟಿಇಟಿ – Karnataka TET
Other Important Pages