Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TNTET) Exam Date NotificationAdvertisement
TNTET 2018 – Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test will conducting by Government of Tamil Nadu for those who plan to be teachers for class I to class VIII, class IX to class X moreover in high schools (in some states) in Tamil Nadu. TNTET 2018 notification will be released by the Government of Tamil Nadu, School and Mass Education Department.
As per NCTE All graduates (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com etc.) are eligible to take the test. TET is a mandatory examination for all the B.Ed. passed candidates to get job as a teacher. The candidate after satisfying about the eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu TET can apply through Official website.
Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test 2018
The Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test shall be conducted annually or as decided by Government according to need.
There shall be two papers in the TNTET. Paper I will be for a candidate who want to be teacher for class 1 to 5. Paper II will be for a candidate who want to be teacher for class 6 to 8. The Candidate who want to be teacher either for classes 1 to 5 or for classes 6 to 8 then they have to appear in both papers.
Important Date for TNTET 2018
- Sale of Application: 06th March 2017 to 22nd March 2017.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 23rd March 2017 by 05 pm.
- TNTET Paper-I Exam Date: 29th April 2017.
- TNTET Paper-II Exam Date: 30th April 2017.
TNTET 2018 Eligibility Criteria Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test
The minimum eligibility criteria for class I to V (Paper I) and class VI to VIII class (Paper II) as given below :
Class I to V (Paper I)
- 12th and Diploma in Teacher Education / Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Applicants appearing for the Final Year Examination of D.E.Ed. are also permitted to appear in TN TET (Tamilnadu Teacher Eligibility Test).
Class VI to VIII (Paper II)
- Passed B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Litt. & pass Bachelor Degree in Education (B.Ed.).
- Applicants appearing for the Final Year Examination of Bachelor Degree in Education (B.Ed.) are also permitted to appear in TN TET (Tamilnadu Teacher Eligibility Test).
Note: Qualifying the TNTET would not confer a right on any person for Recruitment/ Employment as it is only one of eligibility criteria for appointment.
Teacher Eligibility Test in Tamil Nadu 2018 Exam Pattern
The Tamil Nadu TET conducted by the Teachers Recruitment Board as directed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The Exam pattern for this test will furnish below –
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Time Limitation: 2 and 30 hour for each paper.
- One questions carrying one mark,
- There will four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct.
- Questions will be set to assess candidate’s ability to analyze, interpret and apply the subject matter.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
TNTET Exam Syllabus 2018
There will be two papers of TNTET
(i) Paper I Only for those who eager to be teacher in class 1 to 5.
(ii) Paper II Only for those who eager to be teacher in class 6 to 8.
(iii) Candidates who eager to be a teacher for both levels (classes 1 to 5 and classes 6 to 8) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
(iv) Some States conduct paper III or category III exam for the purpose of recruitment Secondary school teacher.
Paper I questions will come from five different subject i.e. Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II (English), Mathematics & Environmental Studies. Each subject will carry 30 marks.
Same wise Paper II will come from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II (English) moreover Mathematics and Science (for Mathematics and Science teacher), Social Studies/Social Science (for Social Studies/Social Science teacher).
TNTET (Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test) Qualifying Marks
A candidate who scores 60% or more in the TET examination will be considered as TET pass.
In accordance with NCTE Guidelines TNTET Certificate shall be valid for a period of 7 years from the date of TET examination.
Note: TNTET Should give weightage to the Tamil Nadu TET scores in the recruitment process.
TNTET 2018 Application Form
- Candidates can apply for TNTET from Official website.
- Give all mandatory details.
- Paste photo and sign an then submit the form.
- Incomplete Forms will be rejected.
TNTET 2018 Helpline Number
For any kind of help please on either 044 – 28272455 / 7373008144 / 7373008134.
Other Important Pages
Important: All the information in this page (i.e. syllabus, eligibility etc.) has been set by NCTE. Please note that all the information in this page may not be properly completed. Please follow the official / board website for cleared information.