State Eligibility Test (SET)
SET / SLET 2018 : State Eligibility Test (Set) for become an Assistant Professor. State Level Eligibility Test (SET) for Lecturership will organized by some states in India as well some universities. Candidates who are qualify in the SET Exam will makes you eligible to teach in any college or university in that particular state.
- 0.1 State Eligibility Test 2018 Information
- 0.2 SET – State Eligibility Test 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 0.3 What is the Difference between National Eligibility Test (NET) & State Eligibility Test (SET)?
- 0.4 State Eligibility Test 2018 │ Exam Pattern
- 0.5 SET Paper I
- 0.6 SET Paper II
- 0.7 SET Paper III
- 0.8 State Eligibility Test (SET) Preparation Tips
- 1 Important Link
State Eligibility Test 2018 Information
- The SET (State Eligibility Test for Lectureship) is conducted in English and speak languages. The U.G.C. has authorised the State Governments or the State Agencies on behalf of the State Governments to conduct the State Eligibility Test (SET) for Assistant Professor. Candidates who are successfully clear their State Eligibility Test (SET), they will be given a pass certificate. You must be remember that SET qualified candidates shall be eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/Colleges belonging to the same state whose SET Examination they have cleared.
SET – State Eligibility Test 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before descript of State Eligibility Test 2018 eligibility section its noted that you must be an Indian National.
State Eligibility Test
|Applicants must have Master’s Degree in a concerned subject in the marks with 55% in aggregate while for Reserved category of candidates its 50% or equivalent examinations from universities/ institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test.
Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying (final) master’s degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test.
Candidates can appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. If any one passed more than one subject at post graduate exam, they will also appear for SET examination only in one subject at a time.
The applicants, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in their state SET exam, may appear in a related subject.
What is the Difference between National Eligibility Test (NET) & State Eligibility Test (SET)?
Some of my friend and also some candidate will ask me that what is the difference between NET & SET, well the answer is National Eligibility Test which makes you eligible to teach anywhere in the country while SET (State Eligibility Test) makes you eligible to teach in any college or university in that particular state.
State Eligibility Test 2018 │ Exam Pattern
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will have only objective type questions of the following forms.
- Multiple choice
- Assertion and Reasoning
- True and False.
|I||100||60 where 50 questions are compulsory||90 minutes|
|2nd||II||100||50 (all compulsory)||
|III||150||75 (all compulsory)||
Note : The examination for all the three papers would be held on one day, in two separate sessions.
SET Paper I
Paper I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
SET Paper II
There will 50 questions. Each questions will carry 02 marks.
SET Paper III
There will 75 questions. Each questions will carry 02 marks.
State Eligibility Test (SET) Preparation Tips
This test is being conducted in different states of India i.e. Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra Tamil Nadu etc. The examination is conducted in three papers and paper I is common for candidates belonging to all groups and paper II and III is conducted on the basis of the Masters’ degree in which the candidate has completed.
- Read quickly at the topics and the questions that are given in SET exam. It is better to practice with the previous year and sample papers.
- You can practice yourself from home, take previous paper or model paper, now give yourself exact times depend on question number and start for the exam. Check that you are answer the whole question in that time limitation.
We hope above contents will help you. For more queries comment us freely. TET Exam Information welcome for your comment.