Meghalaya Teachers Eligibility Test (ML TET) Exam Date NotificationAdvertisement
Meghalaya TET 2019 – Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test will conducting by Government of Meghalaya for those who plan to be teachers for class I to class VIII, class IX to class X moreover in high schools (in some states) in Meghalaya. Meghalaya TET 2019 notification will be released by the Government of Meghalaya, School and Mass Education Department.
As per NCTE All graduates (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com etc.) are eligible to take the test. TET is a mandatory examination for all the B.Ed. passed candidates to get job as a teacher. The candidate after satisfying about the eligibility criteria for Meghalaya TET can apply through Online.
Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test 2019
The Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test shall be conducted annually or as decided by Government according to need.
There shall be two papers in the Meghalaya TET. Paper I will be for a candidate who want to be teacher for class 1 to 5. Paper II will be for a candidate who want to be teacher for class 6 to 8. The Candidate who want to be teacher either for classes 1 to 5 or for classes 6 to 8 then they have to appear in both papers.
- Application commenced on: 01 November 2018.
- Last Date of submission: 10th December 2018.
- Duration of Paper I Exam: 09:30 AM – 12:00 PM.
- Duration of Paper II Exam: 01:00 PM – 03:30 PM.
- Admit Card Available on: before 15 or 20 days of exam.
- ML TET Exam Date – Paper I & Paper II: Tuesday, 5th February 2019 (Probably).
Meghalaya TET Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test
The minimum eligibility criteria for class I to V (Paper I) and class VI to VIII class (Paper II) as given below :
Class I to V (Paper I)
12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education. Or 12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of four year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.). Or 12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of two year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
Class VI to VIII (Paper II)
Passed B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com & pass in or pursuing final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education. Or Passed B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Com in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing one year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) Course. Or Passed B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Com in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing one year B.Ed. (Special Education) Course. Or 12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of four year B.Sc. Ed or B.A. Ed Course.
* The qualifying marks relaxation is permitted for reserved category candidates (i.e. SC / ST / OBC / Differently abled)
Note: Qualifying the Meghalaya TET would not confer a right on any person for Recruitment/ Employment as it is only one of eligibility criteria for appointment.
ML TET Exam 2019 Exam Pattern – Meghalaya TET
The ML TET conducted by the Department of School Education, Meghalaya Or respective examination board as directed by the Government of Meghalaya. The Exam pattern for this test will furnish below –
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Time Limitation: 2 and 30 hour for each paper.
- One questions carrying one mark.
- There will four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct.
- Questions will be set to assess candidate’s ability to analyze, interpret and apply the subject matter.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
Teacher Eligibility Test in Meghalaya 2019 Syllabus
There will be two papers of Meghalaya TET
(i) Paper I Only for those who eager to be teacher in class 1 to 5.
(ii) Paper II Only for those who eager to be teacher in class 6 to 8.
(iii) Candidates who eager to be a teacher for both levels (classes 1 to 5 and classes 6 to 8) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
(iv) Some States conduct paper III or category III exam for the purpose of recruitment Secondary school teacher.
Paper I questions will come from five different subject i.e. Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II (English), Mathematics & Environmental Studies. Each subject will carry 30 marks.
Same wise Paper II will come from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II (English) moreover Mathematics and Science (for Mathematics and Science teacher), Social Studies/Social Science (for Social Studies/Social Science teacher).
Meghalaya TET (Meghalaya Teacher Eligibility Test) Qualifying Marks
A candidate who scores 60% or more in the TET examination will be considered as TET pass.
SC-ST-OBC’s 5% relaxation already given.
In accordance with NCTE Guidelines Meghalaya TET Certificate shall be valid for a period of 7 years from the date of TET examination.
Note: Meghalaya TET Should give weightage to the Meghalaya TET scores in the recruitment process.
Meghalaya TET 2019 Application Form
- At first candidates have to sure that he/she are eligible for this exam or not.
- The Application Form will be available at the Meghalaya TET Official Website.
- Candidates can download ML TET Information Bulletin from the Meghalaya TET site.
- Applicants are highly advised that properly read the official Information Bulletin as well as check their eligibility and others before filling the application form so that no mistake is made while filling it up.
Other Important Pages
Important: All the information in this page (i.e. syllabus, eligibility etc.) has been set by NCTE. Please note that all the information in this page may not be properly completed. Please follow the official / board website for cleared information.