Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) Exam Date NotificationAdvertisement
CTET 2017 – Central Teacher Eligibility Test will conducting by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for those who plan to be teachers for class I to class VIII. CTET 2017 notification will be released by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).
As per NCTE All graduates (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com etc.) are eligible to take the test. TET is a mandatory examination for all the B.Ed. passed candidates to get job as a teacher. The candidate after satisfying about the eligibility criteria for Central TET can apply through Online.
Central Teacher Eligibility Test 2017
The Central Teacher Eligibility Test shall be conducted twice in a year.
There shall be two papers in the CTET. Paper I will be for a candidate who want to be teacher for class 1 to 5. Paper II will be for a candidate who want to be teacher for class 7 to 8. The Candidate who want to be teacher either for classes 1 to 5 or for classes 7 to 8 then they have to appear in both papers.
CTET Exam Schedule
February 2017 : Paper I Time 09.30 AM to 12.30 Noon Duration 180 minutes.
February 2017 : Paper I Time 02.00 PM to 04.30 PM Duration 180 minutes.
CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) Applicability
- The Central Teacher Eligibility Test shall apply to KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc. as well as schools under the administrative control of UT’s of Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and NCT of Delhi. Central TET may also apply to the unaided private schools.
- Schools owned and managed by the State Government/local bodies and aided schools shall consider the TET conducted by the State Government.
State Government can also consider the CTET if it decides not to conduct the State TET.
CTET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria for class I to V (Paper I) and class VI to VIII class (Paper II) as given below :
Class I to V (Paper I)
12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education. Or 12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of four year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.). Or 12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of two year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
Class VI to VIII (Paper II)
Passed B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com & pass in or pursuing final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education. Or Passed B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Com in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing one year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) Course. Or Passed B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Com in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing one year B.Ed. (Special Education) Course. Or 12th or equivalent in the marks in aggregate is 50% & pass in or pursuing final year of four year B.Sc. Ed or B.A. Ed Course.
*The qualifying marks relaxation is permitted up to 5% in the minimum educational qualification for Reserved category candidates (i.e. SC / ST / OBC / Differently abled).
Note: Qualifying the CTET would not confer a right on any person for Recruitment/ Employment as it is only one of eligibility criteria for appointment.
CTET Exam Pattern 2017 : Paper-I and Paper-II
The C-TET conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. The Exam pattern for this test will furnish below –
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Time Limitation: 2 and 30 hour for each paper.
- One questions carrying one mark,
- There will four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct.
- Questions will be set to assess candidate’s ability to analyze, interpret and apply the subject matter.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
CTET Exam Syllabus 2017
There will be two papers of CTET
(i) Paper I Only for those who eager to be teacher in class 1 to 5.
(ii) Paper II Only for those who eager to be teacher in class 7 to 8.
(iii) Candidates who eager to be a teacher for both levels (classes 1 to 5 and classes 7 to 8) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
Paper I questions will come from five different subject i.e. Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics & Environmental Studies. Each subject will carry 30 marks.
Same wise Paper II will come from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II moreover Mathematics and Science (for Mathematics and Science teacher), Social Studies/Social Science (for Social Studies/Social Science teacher).
Category : General / OBC – Rs.600/- (Only Paper 1 or 2), Rs. 1000/- (for Both Paper).
Category : SC / ST / Differently Abled Person – Rs.300/- (Only Paper 1 or 2), Rs. 500/- (for Both Paper).
The payment of fee through Debit/Credit Card or download e-challan for payment in the designated accounts of Syndicate Bank / Canara Bank.
- If anyone decided to pay examination fee through ONLINE mode using Debit/Credit Card, check the validity of the Card before apply.
- If anyone decided to pay examination fee through OFFLINE mode through E-Challan, download e-challan after cleared Part-II of Registration and deposit the Fee in CTET Examination Fee A/c with Syndicate Bank and/or HDFC Bank.
CTET Admit Card / CTET Hall Ticket
Applicants can download their admit cards from CTET website for attend the examination at the given Centre. You can also get direct link of CTET Admit Card from this site.
CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) Qualifying Marks
A candidate who scores 60% or more in the TET examination will be considered as TET pass.
Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped etc. securing scores relaxation may be considered as TET pass.
In accordance with NCTE Guidelines CTET Certificate shall be valid for a period of 7 years from the date of CTET examination.
Note: CTET Should give weightage to the recruitment process.
CTET 2017 Application Form
- Candidates can apply the online application form for CTET.
- Apply Online for Central Teacher Eligibility Test Online Form.
- Give all required details.
- Paste photo and sign an then submit the form
- Take print of application form.
Central Teacher Eligibility Test Unit
PS 1-2, Institutional Area, I P Extension, Patparganj, Delhi-110092
Other Important Pages
Important: All the information in this page (i.e. syllabus, eligibility etc.) has been set by NCTE. Please note that all the information in this page may not be properly completed. Please follow the official / board website for cleared information.